mnavas

2012-04-13 18:28 UTC

gravatar for mnavas

Is it possible to change the voice? I'm having troubles understanding 5 and 9 ... sound very similar

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2012-04-13 20:32 UTC

gravatar for solsTiCe d'Hiver

The voice is made by espeak which is separate program/software.
You should check espeak configuration. You could even reinstall espeak to install more language/variant

There is a voice for every language and sometimes there is some variant available for that language. You could try another variant.

You did not say which language and which OS you use.

If there is no variant for your language, you could try to slow down espeak so that it pronounces sound slower.
Look in the configuration file of mentalcalculation for the "speed" variable in [Espeak] section

mnavas2

2012-04-14 01:08 UTC

gravatar for mnavas2

I'm using english and OS Windows 7

I changed it to EN f2, same speed 170 words... I think now it is more clear for me.

Thank you so much

Quick question.. are there any key shortcuts? like R for replay or C for check button and S for start?

btw great program. I'm learning anzan and this program is perfect for me specially the replay button... sometimes I get lost in one number and by replaying the sequence I can see where I made a mistake.

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2012-04-14 17:23 UTC

Look at the underscore letter in each button. Then use alt+that letter. that's the shortcut. If you don't see the underscores, press alt once, and they will appear.

But the work flow is just to press Enter to start, press Enter to check and so on. I mean Enter on the numpad and not Return. Because it's easier to enter number with the numpad.

mnavas2

2012-04-15 18:45 UTC

gravatar for mnavas2

I have a laptop without numpad. So no enter for me... but also I have notice that underscore for Settings and Start is the same so it loops without performing a click on the button... Anyway I can use it to practice... thxs so much for your replies.

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2012-04-15 22:00 UTC

About the same shortcut for Settings and Start. Yes, I noticed that at the moment of your first post. I made a fix and forgot to upload it.

So the 0.3.5.3 version, available in a matter of minutes, should fix that.

I'll look at how to fix the problem for people, like you, without numpad.

murali

2014-11-17 18:29 UTC

gravatar for murali

I am facing the same problem as mnavas. I am using windows7 and english (en). Please mention how and where to change the language as en+f.

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2014-11-18 11:30 UTC

Espeak will automatically use the language defined by your locale. If you want to change the language used by espeak, change the lang variable in the [Espeak] section of the config. file.
in
C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\mentalcalculation\mentalcalculation.ini

more help in http://www.sorobanexam.org/README.html