pi_over_2

2011-02-25 02:18 UTC

gravatar for pi_over_2

I have just downloaded the latest 0.3.3 release, and enjoying it.

Small corrections on News page:
Version 0.3.3 of mental calculation is out. It fixes a bug about the way to replay by using <shift>+<Return> and add***s*** the long awaited possibility to force espeak to pronounce number***s*** one digit at a time.

I used flattr to give a donation a while back, but still see the counter at zero. Isn't the counter supposed to increment?

Thanks again!

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2011-02-25 09:02 UTC

gravatar for solsTiCe d'Hiver

hi.

You're right, the counter is supposed to increment.
Are you sure you've flattred ? (you made a flattr account and deposit money on it ?)
In your Flattr dashboard, at the bottom, you can see in "Things I flattred" the site you flattred.

If Soroban Exam is in the list, then there is a problem. You can report the problem to Flattr by using the support page https://flattr.com/support/contact

and thanks to flattr ;-)

I decided to try Flattr because I like the concept. I am able to make micro-donations, while at the same time receive ones too.
But I already got a little problem because they were about to withdraw too much from my "means" for the first "monthly Flattr amount". It has been fixed very quickly, I must say.

I wonder if I will continue the experiment in 2 months when I will need to add money again on my flattr account... May be switch to a Paypal donate button ?

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2011-02-25 12:43 UTC

about my flattr little problem:
http://blog.flattr.net/2011/02/last-mont...
so I was not the only one in that case.

pi_over_2

2011-02-25 15:20 UTC

gravatar for pi_over_2

Ok, I logged in Flattr, and looked at the dashboard.

I flattr'ed you on Feb 2, but it was marked as a pending transaction for Feb 28 (grrr...). I guess the flattr does not happen right away, but at the end of each month.

This Flattr thing is wayyyyyyyy too confusing in my opinion. I really have to struggle to understand it and use it. PayPal would be wayyyyyyyy easier! I doubt many people will have the patience to try to figure FLattr out, and will give up in frustration after a few minutes. Also, many people already have a PayPal account, and don't want to bother to create another type of account for an unknown entity (Flattr).

Keep up the good work! Hopefully, you will receive the donation on Feb 28. I would have liked you to receive it back on Feb 2, but there seems no way top force it to give NOW.

pi_over_2

2011-02-25 16:03 UTC

gravatar for pi_over_2

One more thing. I did successfully flattr today, and I see the counter at one now.

I'm pretty sure I flattr'ed back on Feb 2, but somehow it didn't make it. Or maybe I was confused and didn't do the right thing, though I tried very hard.

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2011-02-25 17:21 UTC

It could also have been a flattr bug. they seem to experiment and rewrite their codes/site/engine/whatever....

yes. I think people who already have a Flattr account might flattr but the other ones do not bother to create yet another account just for that.

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2011-02-25 17:25 UTC

by the way, I have added a second button on the software page. so the count is not the same for that one.