YEC

2010-12-05 11:39 UTC

gravatar for YEC

i have found a bug in your software.
for example, suppose the first 3 number is +2,+3,-9. 2+3 is 3 but 3-9 is -6 and at this point the software will not prompt out the ' -9 ' number and stop there. I will have to click 'stop' button and start again.This only happen when i choose to include negative number.

just as a suggestion,maybe you can include negative answer in your software.
btw,where is the .ini file,i cant incorporate the eSpeak with the software.

but overally ,it is a nice software and keep it up.

PS. sorry for my poor English

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2010-12-07 11:44 UTC

gravatar for solsTiCe d'Hiver

About the bug:
1. 2+3 is 5, right ?
2. Are you reporting a bug or are you speculating about a feature request ?
because from my code, if there is +2 and +3, then the next number could only be between -5 and 9. To avoid a negative number for the partial sum.
3. Have you really seen a sequence where the partial sum is negative and the sequence stops ?

About the .ini file, it is documented in the README file that can be found alongside the other installed files or here http://soroban-exam.appspot.com/README.h... You have to install espeak software so that it works.

pi_over_2

2010-12-26 00:27 UTC

gravatar for pi_over_2

I am experiencing the same bug as YEC. If I configure the software to include subtractions (what's called "negative numbers") and ask for 10 problems, sometimes it stops before the 10 problems are over. I have to stop and start again.

By the way, instead of "negative numbers", it should say "subtractions", and the very first number should not have a sign. All numbers are actually positive, but some of the operations are subtractions. I know I am picky, but I am a math guy :-)

pi_over_2

2010-12-26 00:42 UTC

gravatar for pi_over_2

Ok, I have now upgraded to version 3.1.3. I'll check if the bug is fixed in this version.

Thanks for responding so quicky!

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2010-12-26 15:40 UTC

I am a math guy too. but not english native speaker.
But by the way, there is nothing wrong to say that you add positive and negative number :
5 + (-4) + (-1).
One coul even say that's the definition of a substraction !

I'll change it anyway. 0.3.1.5 version is out.

pi_over_2

2010-12-27 00:45 UTC

gravatar for pi_over_2

The next version should be 0.3.1.4.1 not 0.3.1.5 :-)

Thanks for being so responsive to our comments!

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2010-12-29 18:04 UTC

I have identified a bug in how the espeak command is read from .ini file. You should NOT add quote around it. I have updated the README instructions accordingly. I have also uploaded a 0.3.1.6 version that should fix this. also your other problem seems to have been fixed from what pi_over_two say with later release :-D