pi_over_2

2010-12-24 16:33 UTC

gravatar for pi_over_2

There is a bug in the anzan software that I encounter a lot. If I restart the anzan less than about one second after the end of the previous one, there are two simultaneous voices speaking, one on top of each other. To avoid this problem, I have to wait an extra second before starting the next problem set.

Thanks again for your program. I'm using it regularly and I am improving thanks to it.

If I may request one improvement to the program: could you add an option to pronounce digits rather than numbers? So, instead of saying "seventeen", it would say "one seven". With English, I have to wait until I hear the whole number before entering it on the soroban because if I hear "seven...", I start entering 7, but then I hear "teen". French is better because it does not reverse digits for the teen numbers (dix-seot) :-)

Keep up the good work!

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2010-12-24 17:34 UTC

gravatar for solsTiCe d'Hiver

For the sound bug. Yes. I don't think I can do anything about that. Or it may need more time than I wish to put into it.

For the digits alternative, it's a good idea. When I'll have the time. Say next month. But I'll have to fix the windows problem I encouter, before. See below.

Update:
I have uploaded a 0.3.1.3 (all platforms) that should/might fix the sound problem.