Oberron

2016-01-05 15:50 UTC

gravatar for Oberron

Hi,
This site is simply great on all aspects !

Especially the generator, which I use for my sons maths practice.

Through the Software page, I have found the link to the Anzan git repository, but cannot find the Generator source code. Is it available somewhere? If not, is it possible to get a tgz of the code as is? There is a few things I'd like to change to better match my sons needs (which of course would then be put back in the public domain).

Best,
Oberron

solsTiCe d'Hiver

2016-01-07 15:30 UTC

gravatar for solsTiCe d'Hiver

Hi,

Although I am a big proponent of open source, I have not published the code of the generator to avoid copy cat site and retain the exclusivity of my generator.

I am not not really happy about that.
The source code is in python and tied to Google App Engine.

By the way, what are the features you want to be included in the generator ?

Oberron

2016-01-10 19:04 UTC

gravatar for Oberron

Hi,
What I'd be mostly interested in, is the ability to :
1) mostly have the sums and substractions in line (like with the multiplications and divisions) to help him practice without the visual cue of the sums being already in columns

2) far less critical for me and more of a wishful considerations would be to have with inline operations brackets considerations (for distributivity, priority, ... considerations).

The pdf rendering while a great feature of the site is not so important for me, so even a barebone generator without renderer even with GAE dependencies would be great if you shared it on git ! But given the quality of your site, I understand that you would not want copy-cat versions popping all over the web, so I'd appreciate any help you may offer.

Best,
Oberron